You will receive instructions on medications you can and cannot take before your surgery.
Food and Personal Care
- At eight hours before your scheduled time of arrival at the hospital, you will need to stop eating. This includes all liquids, chewing gum and lozenges.
- Do brush your teeth.
- We recommend you shower before arriving at the hospital. This will aid in infection control and will make you more comfortable.
- Do not wear makeup, fingernail or toenail polish, or contacts to the hospital for surgery.
- Wear comfortable clothing and shoes.
- Bring your medical and pharmacy insurance cards and a photo ID.
- Leave ALL valuables at home, including credit cards, cash and jewelry.
- Bring a list of all medications and doses you are currently taking.
- Bring a book to read in case of delays.